Merchant Navy (including Cruise Liners)
Shipbuilding and Shipyards
General Maritime Careers
- Enginuity – the careers advice website for Engineering and Technology
- SCENTA – the Engineering and Technology Board
- SEMTA – the Sector Skills Council for Science, Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies.
Hospitality and Leisure
- Institute of Hospitality – the professional membership organisation for the hospitality, leisure and tourism industries. Advice and links to other useful careers guidance sites and recruitment agencies.
- People 1st – the Sector Skills Council for the Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism industries. You need to register to access Careers Maps, but it’s free.
- Springboard UK – the careers advice website for Hospitality
Tax Advice for Crew
Seafarers (or mariners) may be treated differently for tax and National Insurance (NI) purposes depending on whether they are resident or non resident in the UK. Please contact HM Revenue & Customs for up to date information